Winter is here, andit’s time to let loose and give in to the Christmas cheer! Indulge in the fun and frolic and enjoy the season of vacations and festivals. Let go of that hectic schedule of yours and jump right into the merry – celebratingthis Christmas and New Year. The national capital of our country plays host to a variety of winter events to keep you enthralled all season.
So, what are you waiting for – with cheap Bangalore to New Delhi flight booking, hop on and enjoy the winter cheer. Here isthe list of some of thetop-ranked winter events that take place in Delhi which you would not want to miss while on your Delhi vacation. The main attractions, as you would have guessed, are mainly surrounding Christmas and the New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Christmas Eve Party at Vatican Embassy Chapel: Irrespective of your religion, join in the festivities and merrymaking at the gorgeously decorated Vatican Embassy Chapel to celebrate the Christmas mass that is celebrated at midnight. Be ready to be greeted by a giant Christmas tree at the chapel, followed by a beautifully decorated Nativity scene. Entry is free, and so the crowd that turns up is quite large, and it’s a challenge to get the best seats. Don’t miss out on this.
- Look around Christmas Markets: All over the city, during winter, decorative markets make their way in the city. Most of them are associated with Christmas and the accompanying festivities. A notable Christmas market is the German Christmas one where German specialitiesare sold. There’s also the Kids Christmas Carnival which boasts the largest Christmas tree in India, standing tall at seventy feet. Accompanying these markets are workshops, games and other fun activities.
- Winter Half Marathons: Doesn’t winter just remind you of the school sports you actively took part in your good old school days? To make sure that the sportsspirit in youdoes not fade away, many races and Half Marathons are organized all over Delhi. Whether one is a running enthusiast ora casual runner, there are slots for everyoneas per their ages. These marathons provide a very good platform to bond with people of the same attitude as yours. Besides half marathons, often there are other sports events that are also organized.
- Creative Winter Camps: Winter Camps for the young and the elderly alike, are organized all over the city. They vary from cooking lessons to singing or dancing competitions or even sit and draw competitions. Such camps provide a great platform to loosen up and have a lot of Apart from the fun, you can also have a great learning experience here.
- Food events: Winter without hot spicy food items and hot chocolate is incomplete. Keeping with this trend, many good fests and events are organized all over the city. Hotels offer their best spreads during this time of the year. The Imperial Hotel, complete with fake snow, Christmas trees and a Santa, offer the most popular Christmas brunch or dinner. Unlimited Christmas buffets also come up at many hotelsand restaurants. Some of the famous food fests are The Grub Fest Weekend and Street Food Festival where you can relish your taste buds with the best food ever!
Considering the other fabulous winter treats such as cake mixing ceremony, the fests and fetes, the parties and so on, it is undoubtedly true that Delhi comes alive with matchless enthusiasm and excitement. So, head over with cheap Bangalore to New Delhi flight booking, and get ready be mesmerized by the Delhi’s winter festivities and celebrations.