There is a list of must-have kitchen appliances and the one that tops the list is a blender and grinder. It is by far the most versatile appliance that is used in the kitchen on a daily basis. There are numerous tasks in the kitchen where this appliance comes handy right from pureeing, blending and powdering to making batters, ice creams, dips, soups and porridges.
There are many brands of blender grinders available in the market today. They have varied features, prices and technicalities. To zero in on one that suits your requirements is really a tough task as all claim to be the best in the market. The checklist of some of the must-have features will assist you in your search for a good blender and grinder.
- Plastic Jugs or Glass: Plastic blender jugs are no doubt light and easy to maintain. The downside is that plastic can absorb odours and also with time you will see scratch marks on it. Glass jugs, on the other hand, look premium and are sturdier, but needs a little more care in handling. There are also options of high-quality plastics that offer the best of both the worlds.
- Speed Settings: Check if the blender grinder provides variable speeds. While most come in 2-3 speed settings, some better ones have programmes designed for specific tasks. So, if you have to make milkshakes or ice lollies, you just need to press that specific setting, making it easier to operate.
- Milling / Grinding Blade: While most models come with one blade, some high-end models have an option of changing the blades for specific jobs like grinding nuts, coffee beans or crushing ice. This is preferred because one blade cannot be designed for a variety of jobs and it often leads to blunting.
- Preset Functions: Today, many blenders are available with preset functions that can allow you to make a range of food and beverages with just a single touch. For instance, there are preset functions for preparing dosa batter, making smoothies or fresh juices and crushing ice. Ensure that the blender you choose has the needed preset functions.
- Heating Function: Not many blenders have this advanced feature, but those that come with a unique heating function make a great choice. This can help you prepare hot beverages like soup, soy milk, and herb tea in the same glass jar.
One last thing to see is that besides having all the above features, it should fit in your budget and should not be exorbitantly priced. See the reviews regarding the after-sale service and warranty in case need arises.
A blender grinder is a device that not only saves time in the kitchen, but also assists in cooking a variety of food items. It should be able to smoothly process tough things and also the maintenance should not be a hassle. Once you tick all the necessary features required, go for it and make your life easier.